Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The old lady speaks.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/blogs/pop-life/the-ghastliest-half-time-show-in-sports-history-20110207

I was so happy to see this headline.  Of course, you may argue that only old farts read Rolling Stone anymore but I digress.  I was loyally sitting and knitting while my husband watched the Game (with his Steelers cap and Timmons jersey on, no less) when the half time show came on.  Three (or was it four?) humans came down from the sky suspended on ropes.  Okay.  Legions of dancers gyrated in white jumpsuits -- well, that's a little weird.  Legions of dancers gyrated in light suits -- weirder still.  And then, the dancers with the block heads.  Add that to the monumentally un-musical Black Eyed Peas and that half time show was one hot mess.  Fergie looked like a dominatrix ad for Lane Bryant, and what was with that guy's little plastic beanie?

I began to worry that I was becoming my mother until I saw this headline.  I am vindicated!  I am not an old fart!  I am not becoming my mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment